Bernard Hooper well known in the motorcycle industry for the highly successful Norton Commando and the Isolastic system formed BHE to further advance R & D into the novel concept of the stepped piston engine, together with advanced projects on conventional engine and vehicle projects.
BERNARD HOOPER ENGINEERING LTD
- Hooper, P. (2023) - "Study of the effects of trapped compression ratio on the heavy fuel operation of a spark ignition unmanned aerial vehicle engine" (Aircraft Engineering and Aerospace Technology, Vol. 95 No. 4, pp. 580-593)
- Hooper, P. R. (2021) - "Low noise, vibration and harshness solutions for in-line three-cylinder range extender and hybrid electric vehicles" (International Journal of Engine Research. 2021;22(2):581-591) https://doi.org/10.1177/1468087419859084
- Hooper, P. (2018) - "Novel Three-Cylinder Engine Solutions offering Low Noise Vibration and Harshness for Range-Extender and Hybrid Electric Vehicles" (SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1553, 2018) https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-1553.
- Hooper, P. R. (2018) - "Investigation into a stepped-piston engine solution for automotive range-extender vehicles and hybrid electric vehicles to meet future green transportation objectives" (Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering, 232(3))
- Hooper, P. (2017) - "Low Volatility Fuel Cold Start Experience with a Stepped Piston UAV Engine to Address Single Fuel Objectives" (SAE International Journal of Engines 10(4):2017. SAE Technical paper 2017-01-9283, DOI: 10.4271/2017-01-9283)
- Hooper, P.R. (2017) - "Experimental experience of cold starting a spark ignition UAV engine using low volatility fuel", (Aircraft Engineering and Aerospace Technology, Vol. 89 Iss: 1, pp.106-111) DOI http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/AEAT-09-2014-0137
- Hooper, P. and Al-Shemmeri, T. (2017) - "Improved efficiency of an unmanned air vehicle IC engine using computational modelling and experimental verification" (Aircraft Engineering and Aerospace Technology, Vol. 89 No. 1, pp. 184-192). https://doi.org/10.1108/AEAT-09-2015-0200
- Hooper, P. (2016) - "Low Cost Possibilities for Automotive Range-Extender/Hybrid Electric Vehicles to achieve low CO2 and NVH Objectives" (SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1841, 2016, doi:10.4271/2016-01-1841) http://papers.sae.org/2016-01-1841/
- Hooper, P. (2015) - "Experimental experience of cold starting a spark ignition UAV engine using low volatility fuel" (Journal of Aircraft Engineering and Aerospace Technology, 89(1))
- Hooper, P.R., Al-Shemmeri, T and Goodwin, M.J. (2012) - "An experimental and analytical investigation of a multi-fuel stepped piston engine" (Journal of Applied Thermal Engineering April 2012)
- Hooper, P.R., Al-Shemmeri, T and Goodwin, M.J. (2011) - "Advanced modern low emission two-stroke cycle engines" (Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering. Vol. 225 No.11, November 2011)
Link to paper
- Hooper, P.R. (2005) - "Stepped Piston Engines for Multi-Fuel UAV Application" (IMechE Conference on Propulsion Systems for Unmanned Aircraft, Bristol, 14 April 2005) *
* - This paper was awarded the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Aerospace Industries Division Charles Sharpe Beecher Prize, "for the best paper on an aerospace subject published by the institution in the previous year or for a contribution in that field," at the AID AGM at IMechE HQ on 16 May 2006.
- Hooper, P.R. (2001) - "A Stepped Piston Engine for UAV Application" (UVS TECH 2001 Conference Brussels, November 2001)
- Hooper, P.R. (1999) - "Initial Development of a Multi-fuel Stepped Piston Engine for Unmanned Aircraft Application" (4th International Conference ICE99, Capri, Naples 12-16 September 1999)
- Hooper, B and Hooper, P.R. (1996) - "Initial Heavy Fuel Development of Stepped Piston and Crankcase Scavenged Two-cycle Engines" (12th International RPV Conference, Bristol University, 9-11 September 1996)
- Hooper, B and Hooper, P.R. (1991) - "Design and Development of the 30kW RPV Stepped Piston Engine" (9th International RPV Conference, Bristol University, 9-11 September 1991)
- Hooper, B and Favill, J.E (1978) - "Modern Stepped Piston Engines" (IMechE paper C133/78 Design and Development of Small IC Engines Conference 31 May - 2 June 1978)
BERNARD HOOPER ENGINEERING LTD
For further information please enquire via the Contact us page of our website
© BERNARD HOOPER ENGINEERING LTD